“Being female is a matter of birth, being a woman is a matter of age, but being a lady is a matter of choice.”
Every woman wants a true gentleman, they want to be treated right and they deserve it. However, you must be and act like a lady to attract a true gentleman.
A lady displays self-respect,class, appreciation, and etiquette. She does not allow her mood to affect her manners. Being a classy lady doesn’t mean that you should be snobby or stuck up, but that you should have dignity, consideration, and moderation in your daily actions.
Here are the 23 characteristics of a classy lady:
1. If a man has manners and remains standing until you are seated be sure you sit promptly
2. Refrain from using vulgar language. You should remember that the language you use represents your mind and heart.
3. Dress tastefully. A lady dresses appropriately for every occasion. The key here is to dress with dignity. It does not have to cost much, its more important to find clothes that actually fit you right, and that are wrinkle-free.
4. Don’t talk with a mouth full of food.
5. If you’re going to call someone do it after 9 a.m and before 9 p.m.
6. Be gracious, a class lady doesn’t only introduce herself with a “hello” she also adds “It’s a pleasure to meet you”. A classy lady speaks with confidence and talks clearly enough for others to understand her. Avoid saying “hi,” or “um” because that will make you look unrefined.
7. While at church, meetings, or at meals a classy lady turns her phone off or puts it on silent. She gives her attention to what is going on in front of her and expects the same.
8. She says “No, thank you” or “Yes, please”, she does not respond with a “yea, yup, nope, or nah”.
9. She only gives compliments when she sincerely means it. Insecurities are easier to read than we think.
10. A classy lady offers her help and is considerate to those around her.
11. When she receives an invitation she promptly RSVPs or declines. When she receives help or hospitality from someone she sends a thank you note to display her gratitude.
12. Every time she attends a gathering she does not arrive empty handed. She brings a small hostess gift.
13. A classy lady is a woman of her word. She has a respectable reputation based on her consistency of her word. She keeps her promises and obligations. She’s known amongst her friends and family as someone who is dependable.
14. She does not call him. A classy lady knows her worth and knows she deserves to be pursued. If you feel the need to have to initiate contact you should know that you are not dealing with a gentleman and should move on.
15. A classy woman is certainly not one who babbles non-stop without any self-restrain. Women like to whine and complain at times, but there is a difference between sharing our problems and frustrations with others verses maliciously talking about people behind their backs.
16. Have your date pick you up on the first date. It may not be convenient but the last thing you want to be is “convenient”. However, if you are meeting the person for the first time, meeting in a neutral location is smart. Stay true to your intuition.
17. My mom always told me nothing good happens past 10 o’clock and she’s right. So let your date know that you need to be back home at a specific time ahead of time.
18. Being a lady and acting lady-like does not mean that you are entitled or snobby. Practice having a heart of gratitude, always say thank you for specific actions or generosities.
19. When you order on a date have consideration for your gentleman.
20. Don’t forget to listen actively and be a good conversationalist with your date. A lady listens to others with grace and does not attempt to overshadow the speaker.
21. A classy lady seeks the truth and does not believe everything she hears. She defends the truth even when it isn’t popular. She has a strong sense of right and wrong and is passionate to see the oppressed redeemed
22. She calls her elders “sir” or “ma’am.”. When she addresses a man, it is always as “Mr. (last name)” and a woman as “Mrs.” or “Miss (last name)” until they’ve been green lighted to use their first name or nickname.
23. She speaks faithfully. A classy lady knows that her identity is rooted in God. Her strength and vision come from Jesus Christ through daily prayer. A classy lady does the right thing even when it is not expected of her. For example, she blesses someone’s reputation who has attempted to curse hers.
I just want to mention that I’m not trying to tell you how you should be, I’m just sharing my thoughts and letting women know that it is okay to be a classy lady– there is nothing wrong with that. Do not lose traditional values to fit into this twisted society. I’m proud of being a classy lady. I’m not afraid to stand up for what I believe in and be myself no matter what.
Do you agree with me or do you have your own definition of classy lady?
1. Go easy on the makeup
Don’t overdo the makeup, it gives entirely the wrong impression. Let your natural feminine beauty do the talking for you, not your heavy foundation and bright lipstick. The natural look is in anyway, as if it has been ever out!
2. Maintain your decorum
Don’t lose your temper and lash out, that is not a ladylike thing to be doing. Keep your calm and you will be able to handle things better and you will come across as being far more feminine.
3. Think about posture
Sit straight, walk tall and you will look far more elegant. Maintaining a good, upright, posture will make you look confident and ladylike. It’s also good for your back, so you won’t get nagging back pains too.
4. Be polite
Don’t use swear words, don’t shout, but use your intelligence and wisdom to get your point across, not the volume control! Remember too that your feminine smile is a weapon and it will achieve far more, than being rude will.
5. Take your time and be graceful
Grace goes hand in hand with femininity. If you are someone who constantly bumps into things or drops things, then the chances are that you are just not taking your time. Slow up a little, there’s no rush, and concentrate on being graceful.
6. Show respect and consideration
If there is one single way of showing that you are a lady, then it’s to show respect for yourself and for others. Respect and honor other people’s opinions and beliefs, just as you do respect your own, and other people will show you consideration and respect too.
7. You don’t need to become a rocket scientist, but you need to develop a thirst for knowledge
Take an interest in what is going on in the world and develop a will to learn. You don’t need to become a rocket scientist, but being able to show an understanding of what’s happening in the world can only add to your feminine intrigue and attractiveness.
8. Be open and friendly
Life is complex enough, so a beautiful and charming quality to have is to be straightforward and honest. It’s quite refreshing to talk somebody who has nothing to hide and it will certainly add to your feminine charm.
9. Don’t go too low with the low cut
Leave something to the imagination when you dress up; that’s far more potent, than putting everything on open display. A subtle amount of cleavage or leg is far more attractive to men, than too much, and less will leave your ladylike image intact.
10. Remember what your grandma would think
Things change and things move on, but if you need a lesson in charm and femininity, then think what your Grandma would have done. Lessons can always be learned from the past and maybe, just maybe, we could all learn how to be ladies by looking to the past…
Do you have some other tips on how to be more feminine, attractive and charming?
Feel free to share them in the comment section below.